Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spotlight

Jimmy Archange is one of my boys. My mind goes back to when he was a little boy who played around the office that I had in town while Lena his mother purchased food for the Orphanages. You see we purchased the food and then sacked it up and distributed it to some 32 different orphanages in the Port-au-Prince area. Lena could buy the food at a better price than I could so she was the purchase agent. Jimmy would stay with me while Lena was our working. Jimmy is the son of Lena and Acues Archange who were with me for many years. Then they had an opportunity to go to the states. There they raised Jimmy and the other kids in a section of town called "Little Haiti" in Miami, Florida. Jimmy was smart and had friends who were Cuban and it wasn't long until he was speaking Spanish Fluently. He already knew Creole and French and of course living in the States he learned English. In School he was awarded an academic scholarship. To make a long story short he went and graduated from West Point. Stationed in Germany he married a beautiful girl and they made their home wherever the Military wanted Jimmy. He is now serving a second term in Iraq after have been called back to teach at West Point. He is now either a Major or Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army as a cartographer. Am I proud? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment