Sunday, September 27, 2009

Believe it or not

Someone asked me the other day, "I see the amount of food being placed on little Children's plates." Knowing how American Children leave so much on their place they went on. "isn't that a waste of food?" One of the things that astounded me the most when I first begin feeding Children in Haiti was he amount placed on their plate. After observing this for the past 42 years I can truthfully say that I have never once seen any food left on any of their plates. Another thing that I have noticed that there are never any "leftovers." No, the little ones eat all that is on their plates and the bigger ones could eat more if they had it. There is never a waste of food in Haiti like there is in the U.S. . I could easily feed my entire household with the food that is left on the plates in just one of the restaurant in the U.S. One of the reason they eat everything that is on their plates is because they do not have any snacks and for many this is the only hot meal their will have for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good explaination....I, and probably others have wondered about this. To feed a hungry little child is NEVER a waste. Thank God for dedicated missionaries like yourself bro. Bob. So many of us here in America take it so for granted of our bountiful supply of food for our children.
    May God continue to bless you and ALL the little ones that you are continuing to help with one of the necessities of their lives. It is also in our prayers that others who are helping you by their sacrifices of suporting the money it takes to supply these everyday needs of food and care will continue to do so. They too will have their reward.
    May God give you the strength to keep up the good work and dedication.
    Your brother and sister in Christ..

    ReplyDelete