Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Thanksgiving Day" 2009

In Haiti it is just another day as kids are rushing off to school and things continue as usual. To me it has always been my most favorite holiday, a time to spend with family and enjoy a day of turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and then top it off with, and here is where I break with tradition, a big piece of cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. Alas there will be none of that today as Mom, Dad, and Sis are gone and the rest of the things mentioned are not available out here in the mountains where we live and work. I can be thankful and give God thanks for all of those many precious memories of days gone by. So, “Happy Thanksgiving”, have an extra helping for me and say a prayer for all of us here in Haiti. There were 213 Children fed today which brings the total for the year to 11,744. This does not count the ones that eat at our home each day.
Missionary Bob C. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment