Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday

On Sunday May the 22 I will be 74 years old. When I was young I never thought about being old and that someday it would be hard just to get around. We take so many things for granted in our youth and never stop to give God thanks for the simple things that mean so much to us when we get older. One thing that being older has blessed me with is that I no longer have a desire for material things. My only desire in the time I have left is just to please the Lord. I remember Bud Chambers wrote a song one day entitled, "I wonder have I pleased the Lord." After all, that is the only thing that counts.

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to say 74 years young :-) Wishing you a blessed and Happy Birthday and praying that the Lord will continue to shower his favors and blessings upon you! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete