Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Watermelon tree?

Did you ever see a watermelon tree? Have you ever heard of one? Probably not as they do not exist. This is a picture of a Calabash tree with two gourds hanging from it's branches. Under King Henry Christophe, Haiti's only king, they were so valuable that they used them for currency. Today, the Haitian money is still listed as gourds or gourdes. $5.00 is 25 gourdes, $10.00 dollars is 50 gourdes,m $20.00 is 100 gourde and so on. We have a lot of fun with first time visitors showing them our "watermelon trees."

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,
    I want to buy the Watermelon tree plant. Presently I am in Qatar. Kiindly let me know if possible where can I buy the Watermelon tree.

    my email: hamid5672000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir,
    Still waiting for reply.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Bukidnon island of Mindanao, Philippines you can contact me any time. Contact number +639067973040

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a tree here in Papua New Guinea. Probably the only tree in the country. Please explain more about this tree.

    ReplyDelete