Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where are they now?

38 years ago I arrived in Haiti on M.S. Starward out of Miami. I was met at he dock by Sis. Hodges who informed me that she had a young lady who would begin working with me the next day as a housekeeper and cook. That young ladies name was Lena. Later she married a young man named Archange and they had Jimmy. Lena and Jimmy continued to live with me for a while and one day he was struck by a car. God was good to him and he recovered nicely. After a while I helped Archange get to the States where later he was able to send for Lena and Jimmy. Jimmy did well in school, learned Spanish and English, he already knew Creole and French. He got a scholarship and went to West Point where he graduated with top honors. Today one of my little boys is serving as an Officer with distinction in the United States Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment