Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Green & Red Gold..

If you love Jalapeno peppers like I do then you will understand what I am about to say. For the past 3 years I haven't had one and without them nothing tasted right. However, not too long ago I had some seeds sent from the States. Well, it has taken some time but now I have some. My pepper plants by the side of my little room had produced blossoms but they keep falling off. Jordanny grew these in a different area. Deborah from California sent me the following information for which I am grateful. " The sunset western garden book says you should feed once or twice with commercial fertilizer after plants become established, before blossoms set. I think you can use coffee grinds to enrich the soil . Try to make a compost bin for veg. and fruit scraps to enrich the soil at a later date." Thanks Deborah.

No comments:

Post a Comment