Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spotlight


Michelle Obama ... The First Lady of the United States of America. Married to the President and the mother of two girls. During the campaign she said and I quote, "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country." unquote. Personally I have been proud of my country many times. Neil Armstrong as he stepped on the moon, the soldiers that have come home from Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. I was proud when our country would not accept missiles being placed on Cuban soil. I was proud when President Kennedy stood up to Kruschev. I was proud of President Reagan when he stood by the Berlin Wall in Germany and said, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. I was proud of the firemen and policemen that gave their lives trying to rescue the people trapped in the attack on the World Trade Center. I was proud as our troops marched into Baghdad and unseated a tyrant. There are many more time that I have been proud of my country but that's just me and what do I know I didn't attend classes at Harvard, just Miami High School in Oklahoma.

1 comment:

  1. I'll say "OL'E to that -this is a BAD pic of the
    nations first lady who is supposed to have reached the TOP ! how much higher can she GO ?
    well- - - jake henry sacramento

    ReplyDelete