Monday, June 1, 2009

Stupidity

I want to clear up something about a couple of posts. One was "Kicking Yourself" and the other was "Stupid." Both of those posts had to do with my trying to install a lock on the freezer and drilling through a line that held compressed gas, hence making the freezer useless. A remark was made by someone in the States, everyone here in Haiti knows better, that "I tried to put a lock on the freezer to keep people from getting food." That shows the stupidity of some people. I would not have spent the past 36 years on the mission field if I thought like they did. I clearly stated in the article the reason why I was installing the lock, but I guess they overlooked that part. I said quote: "Well, anyway everybody was going to the freezer to get a glass of cold water and it was open almost as much as it was closed" unquote. Anyone knows when you have 40 people in your family getting water all day long out of a freezer that food tends to thaw out. I did not say that as I assumed that everyone knew that you have to keep the door closed for a freezer to work. Evidently I was wrong. I did however have an attorney from Kentucky write me, "Must be that the Lord is going to send you a bigger freezer." Do you see the difference when two people read the same article? Well the last one was right. This morning the funds did arrive so we can get a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment