Sunday, June 28, 2009

What if I had said no.

Here is the reason at seventy two I am still here. You see, there are many little children all around us just like Nesselove. You might say, “Brother Bob you can't help them all," I know that but I cannot use that as an excuse for not helping those I can. Years ago I began helping little children and I helped a little boy just like this. He went on to the United States, studied hard and won an academic scholarship and graduated from West Point. He spent time in Iraq and is now an Officer in the U.S. Army teaching at West Point. What if I hadn't helped him? Some told me recently on the telephone that I might as well come back to the States as I am not doing anything here. I realize I cannot get around and do as I used to when I was younger but I still feel my need to be here and do what I can. Beyond that I am blessed beyond anything that you could possibly imagine. For one, I will never have to stand before God and say that I am sorry for not doing all that I could do to help little children like Nesselove.

1 comment:

  1. about Compassionate by A.W. Tozer, the attributes of God Volume 1:

    a great many people are very merciful in their beds, in their lovely living rooms, in their new cars. they have compassion (a noun), but they never "compassionate" (a verb). they read something in the newspaper about somebody suffering and say, "Aw, isn't that terrible! that poor family was burned out and they're out on the street with no place to go," and then they turn the radio on and listen to some program. they're very compassionate- for a minute and a half- but they don't "compassionate"; that is, they don't do anything about it. but God's compassion leads His to actively "compassionate."

    NEVER STOP BEING COMPASSIONATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete